Thursday 23 January 2014

Up Close & Personal


I thought I'd take this opportunity to reflect on Caroline Rauter's blog post. Caroline first met at Interlend 2008, Peebles. This conference has long stayed in my memory; mainly because we were piped into dinner! 

Caroline and I have similar roles at our institutions and by forging the relationship that we have both professional and personally has been advantageous to us both. So what has that got to with FIL I hear you ask? 

Awhile back, at a committee meeting it was mooted to set up an 'Interlending Buddy' Scheme; but the idea never really went anywhere, and the blog post from Caroline reminded me how important it is to communicate and talk to others.

Off the top of my head; this is how it would work
  • You submit your details to FIL
  • We match you with a suitable 'buddy'. 
  •   Interlending Buddies; meet, discuss & share working practices. 
  •  Interlending Buddies write up their experiences for the FIL Journal.

Before I take it to the committee formally, I want to know what you the members think.
Do you think it would be useful and is it something that you could engage with? 

Feel free to comment here on the blog, via FORUMFORINTERLENDING@jiscmail.ac.uk or email me your thoughts - this is your forum so please use it!

Also, the Call for Speakers for Interlend 2014 went out last week, have you got something that you’d like to present on in Edinburgh this July? If so, check out the FIL website for more details.

Marie Lancaster
FIL Chair
mflancaster@cardiffmet.ac.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment