Monday 14 July 2014

Interlend 2014 - Reflections





Well, where do I begin? 
I hope you all had a safe and pleasant journey home from Edinburgh. I'm afraid my journey wasn't so straight forward! 
After hailing a cab to take the Welsh contingent to the airport, we seemed to manage to choose Edinburgh's very own special taxi man 'Kenny 'The Shuffler' Taylor - for those of you intrigued, please see these various 'Shuffler' links. All I can say is that I'm glad I wasn't alone!

On arriving at the airport we made it to the check-in which was due to open shortly. We headed for some refreshments to pass the time, we'd just sat down when all our mobiles went off - a text from the airline in orange to confirm that our flight had been cancelled due to the French air traffic strike - our plane was coming from France! 
So, we spent the next few hours queuing, sitting around and waiting for the airline in orange to sort us out. We ended up, sharing 2 rooms in a very ropy Travelodge approximately 10 minute walk from Princes Street! The moral of the story is – don’t ever travel with me & pack spare underwear (which I did luckily!) You either get stranded in Edinburgh or stuck at Bristol Parkway!

Anyway, now that I've shared my Edinburgh horror story, my thoughts turn to the conference. 

I hope that all those who came enjoyed it and were able to take something back to their workplace for the future. The highlight for me was Antony Brewerton’s keynote; I thought his presentation was excellent and gave some real food for thought about marketing our services.

Nearly all the presentations are on the FIL Website – just a few last stragglers to get hold of.

Thanks to everyone who came and especially to those of you who filled in an evaluation form, we need to know what our members want so that we can plan next year’s conference!  

Marie Lancaster

(Outgoing Chair)

Photo Credit:
 <a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/39997856@N03/7484979350/">mariusz kluzniak</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/">cc</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment