Tuesday 9 June 2015

Countdown to Manchester!





Well, it’s all systems go now, ready for the opening of Interlend 2015 in just over two weeks’ time!
I’ll admit that it is at this stage that I start to panic; what if no one turns up? What if we lose a speaker? Did we really book the hotel?  All questions covered months ago, and contingency plans made, but until I’m on the return train journey, they will nag at me!
My less paranoid self says it’s too late now, and that any issues can be dealt with by the team.  The FIL executive committee en masse, but also the conference sub- team, without whom most of the conference ‘stuff’ would never have been achieved.  So a BIG thank you to them: Lesley, Karen, Kate and Gillian. The hotel has been visited, the conference materials produced, the sponsors approached and speakers selected.  It’s a lot of work, and mostly done in our own time.
By the way, you can get a preview of The Midland by watching Channel 5 on Monday evenings. Inside the Midland is a fascinating look behind the scenes in what is obviously a very smart hotel.
I end my stint on committee at the AGM in June. I can’t believe how quickly the four years have passed. It really has been an interesting experience, so I’d like to thank all my committee colleagues, past and present, for their help, support and friendship. I hope we’ll keep in touch, if only at future conferences!
With my departure, and that of other committee members, we’ll be looking for new people to fill four vacancies. So do, please, give it some thought and put your name forward if you are interested. You don’t need to be attending Interlend 2015 to be nominated.   It’s a great way to be at the heart of Interlending in the UK; you meet some great people; have some good networking opportunities, and can develop all sorts of skills.  A key activity if you’re looking towards Chartership too!

As you can see from the photo., FIL is ready for the off.  Will he be seeing you in Manchester?

No comments:

Post a Comment