Friday 13 June 2014

Leaving FIL


Sadly, it's time for me to say goodbye to FIL and my fellow committee members... 

[CC Image: Flickr/woodleywonderworks]

I have had a brilliant time being a committee member for FIL, and have learned so much more about interlending - the benefits to my professional life have been so valuable. I've also had the opportunity to see what goes on behind the scenes when organising our annual conference, Interlend (it takes all year, from the moment the last one ends!).

Since accepting a new job that doesn't involve any interlending, I can no longer be a committee member, but would definitely recommend it to ILL staff of all levels. I was just a lowly library assistant when I joined the committee last year, but was warmly welcomed by a friendly and passionate bunch!!

Of course I still have a keen interest in interlending and especially developments in copyright, so I'll continue to follow @FIL_ILL for the latest news :)

Goodbye FIL and thanks for having me!



-Lucy Lambe

No comments:

Post a Comment